Argyle specializes in producing top-of-the-line 3D printing filament using the advanced polymer ULTEM 1010 PEI (polyether imide). Our ULTEM 1010 filament boasts a glass transition temperature of 217°C, making it ideal for creating parts that will be exposed to continuous service temperatures up to 170°C.
PEI, an amorphous, high-performance polymer, offers exceptional thermal properties, superior dimensional stability, natural flame retardancy, and outstanding chemical resistance. When you choose ULTEM 1010 PEI filament from Argyle, you can trust that your 3D-printed parts will meet even the toughest industry standards.
Advantages of ULTEM 1010 Filament:
1. High heat resistance: Ultem 1010 has a heat deflection temperature of up to 220°C, making it one of the highest heat-resistant thermoplastics available.
2. Excellent chemical resistance: Ultem 1010 is highly resistant to a wide range of chemicals, including acids and bases.
3. High strength: Ultem 1010 offers excellent strength, which can be further improved with reinforcing fillers.
4. Low moisture absorption: Ultem 1010 is one of the most dimensionally stable thermoplastics available, with a very low moisture absorption rate.
5. Good electrical properties: Ultem 1010 offers good electrical insulation, dielectric strength, and arc resistance.
6. Ease of printing: Ultem 1010 is easy to print, with a low shrinkage rate and low warpage.
Typical Applications of ULTEM 1010
Ultem 1010 is an amorphous thermoplastic that is incredibly strong and heat resistant. It can be used in various applications due to its unique properties. Specific applications include:
1. Aircraft components - Ultem 1010 is an ideal material for aircraft components due to its lightweight and superior strength.
2. Automotive components - Ultem 1010 is a popular choice for automotive components due to its high heat resistance, making it ideal for parts that are constantly exposed to high temperatures.
3. Medical applications - Ultem 1010 is often used in medical devices due to its low flammability, chemical resistance, and biocompatibility.
4. High-temperature applications - Ultem 1010 is highly resistant to high temperatures, making it a great choice for applications where temperatures exceed 200°C.
5. Electrical/electronic components - Ultem 1010 is often used in electrical and electronic components due to its low electrical conductivity, low flammability, and superior strength.
Recommended Print Setting
Extruder Temp: 370 - 390°C
Bed Temp: 120 - 160°C
Bed Prep: Nano Polymer Adhesive
Print Speed: Print speeds of 20-30mm/s (starting point), faster as results dictate
Enclosure Temp: ULTEM™ prints best in a warm to hot build environment
All of our products are superbly wound and thus we offer a 100% money-back guarantee. Equivalent to Stratasys® P/N 312-2xxxx (Classic or Gen 1) or
P/N 355-0xxxx (Plus or Gen 2). Our Ultem® 1010 Filament is 1.75mm +/- 0.05mm in diameter. Order your Ultem 1010 Filament now and get Ultem 1010 support
Frequently Asked Question
What is ULTEM 1010?
In simple words, ULTEM™ 1010 resin is a high-performance FDM® polyetherimide (PEI) thermoplastic with high tensile strength, broad chemical resistance, and excellent thermal stability.
How strong is ULTEM 1010
ULTEM 1010 has a tensile strength (yield) of 64 MPa (XZ Axis) and 42 MPa (ZX Axis). It has tensile modules of 2770 MPa (XZ Axis) and 2200 MPa (ZX Axis).
Is Ultem 1010 heat and chemical-resistant?
Yes, ULTEM 1010 is known for providing the highest heat and chemical resistance of any FDM thermoplastic.
Be the first to review this product.
- Ships within 24 Hours
- Material Type:
- ULTEM (1010)
- CANISTER 92 (cu in)
- Filament Diameter:
- 1.75 mm
- Cost per Cu In: