Ultem 9085 Resin is a flame-retardant, high-performance thermoplastic, suited for digital manufacturing and rapid prototyping. It offers an excellent strength-to-weight ratio and has an FST (Flame, Smoke, and Toxicity) rating, making it well-suited for use in the transportation industry.
Our company specializes in producing top-performing 3D printing filament using Sabic's ULTEM 9085 PEI (polyether imide) resin. The utilization of ULTEM 9085 resin in the filament manufacturing process allows for the creation of parts with remarkable properties, even at high temperatures, due to its high glass transition temperature of 186°C.
PEI, an amorphous, high-performance polymer, boasts exceptional thermal properties, dimensional stability, natural flame retardancy, and excellent chemical resistance.
Advantages of Ultem 9085 Filament:
- High-Temperature Resistance: Ultem 9085 filament has a high-temperature tolerance of up to 240°C, making it ideal for use in high-temperature applications.
- Excellent Chemical Resistance: Ultem 9085 filament has excellent resistance to a variety of chemicals, including fuels, oils, and corrosive chemicals, making it ideal for use in harsh environments.
- High Strength: Ultem 9085 filament has high strength and stiffness, making it ideal for use in applications that require structural support.
- Low Moisture Absorption: Ultem 9085 filament has low moisture absorption, which helps to prevent warping, shrinkage, and dimensional instability in 3D printed parts.
- Transparent: Ultem 9085 filament is transparent, which allows for easy visualization of internal structures and components in 3D printed parts.
- Biocompatibility: Ultem 9085 filament is biocompatible, making it ideal for use in medical and pharmaceutical applications.
- Easy to Print: Ultem 9085 filament is easy to print with, making it a great choice for both novice and experienced 3D printers.
- Low Thermal Expansion: Ultem 9085 filament has a low thermal expansion, which helps to prevent cracking, warping, and other defects in 3D printed parts.
Typical Applications of ULTEM 9085
- Aerospace and defense: ULTEM 9085 is commonly used in the manufacture of aircraft and defense equipment, as it has high strength and durability, making it suitable for demanding conditions.
- Medical devices: The high heat resistance and biocompatibility of ULTEM 9085 make it ideal for use in medical devices such as implants and surgical instruments.
- Consumer goods: ULTEM 9085 is often used in consumer goods such as kitchen appliances and electronic devices due to its lightweight and high strength.
- Industrial applications: ULTEM 9085 is frequently used in industrial applications, such as electrical enclosures, pumps, and valves, due to its high-temperature resistance and dimensional stability.
- Automotive: ULTEM 9085 is also used in the automotive industry for applications such as gearboxes, and suspension components, as it is able to withstand high stress and impact.
- Food and beverage: ULTEM 9085 is also commonly used in food and beverage applications, such as food processing equipment, as it is easy to clean and does not absorb moisture.
Recommended Print Setting
1 - Required all-metal Extruder Temperature: 350°C to 390°C
2 - Optimal Print Bed Temperature: 130°C to 160°C
3 - Recommended Print Bed Adhesion: Perf Board, Kapton Tape, or Lightly Sanded FR4
4 - Heated Enclosure: A must for best results, ULTEM printing is optimized in a warm build environment
5 - Ideal Printing Speed: 20mm/s to 30mm/s
High-quality ultem 9085 density spool winding, Classic or Plus eeprom chip included. We provide a 100% money-back guarantee, which makes your decision a no-brainer money saver! Equivalent to Stratasys OEM 311-21x00 or 355-0214x.
Frequently Asked Questions
How strong is ULTEM 9085?
ULTEM 9085 has a tensile strength of 47 MPs and 33 MPa (ZX Axis). The tensile modulus is 2150 MPa (XZ Axis) and 2270 (ZX Axis).
Is Ultem 9085 flammable?
ULTEM™ 9085 is known for its flame-retardant and high-performance thermoplastic characteristics, making it perfectly suited to end-use applications.
What temperature does ULTEM print at?
The glass transition temperature of ULTEM 9085 is 186°C
Be the first to review this product.
- Ships within 24 Hours
- Material Type:
- ULTEM (9085)
- CANISTER 92 (cu in)
- Filament Diameter:
- 1.75 mm
- Cost per Cu In: